Well, its been a while since I posted much of anything, so here's a wrap-up of what's been going on lately.
Bryan started at the department (on swing shift) two days after graduating from the academy. He's enjoying the job and is definitely seeing the waiting and working toward this as a good investment. He almost got to chase a suspect last week, but as the rookie had to stay with the car while his FTO (field training officer) ran down and tackled the guy. Maybe next time, hun.
Caleb and Micah are elated to have Daddy home. Micah hangs with Bryan while I take Caleb to school and go to work. Then when Caleb gets off the bus, Bryan is here to welcome him home. He goes to work while I'm at work, and I'm usually still up when he gets home. So even on swing shift, we're seeing a LOT more of him than we were while he was at the academy. He'll be rotating to the graveyard shift soon, and will take some adjustment by all parties involved, but at least day shift is after that! After he's done with his FTO period, the rotations will be farther apart.
At work I was asked to join our Education Coordinator at a workshop in Houston in April. A bit short-notice, but the Executive Director was unable to attend as originally planned. So I plan to be gone for two and a half days, only to turn around the next day and head off to a women's (mini) retreat called Bloom that our church is putting on. I'll probably miss the sleepover portion of it (bummer!!!!) but at least I'll be able to make it to the "important stuff".
So that's just about all that's new.... One more post to come!
Categories: a day in the life