We had some leftover noodles in the fridge tonight so I decided to use them, because my boys will eat anything with pasta. So this is what I came up with, using stuff I had in the kitchen already, and avoiding milk or cream since that tends to not agree with Micah.

I sauteed about 1 tsp of minced garlic we buy in jars in some olive oil. Then I added about 1 1/2 cups of reconstituted "Better Than Boullion". You could use regular chicken broth. I simmered that for a bit, then I thickened the sauce with about less than a tablespoon of corn starch, but you could also use flour if you had to, just twice as much.

While that was simmering, I microwaved some bacon (under three paper towels to absorb the grease) and chopped it up into mini bite size pieces. I added the cold, cooked noodles to the sauce, stirred it up, and then added the bacon.

I then tasted it, and it seemed to be missing something. So I added a several turns of seasoning from our "Italian Seasoning Blend" grinder and two tablespoons of canned diced tomatoes.

We had enough noodles and made-up sauce for the three of us to have dinner. As I type this, Caleb is on his second kid-sized helping, and Micah is actually eating, so I consider this a success!

2 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Well done! I love being creative in the kitchen. And it's even better when the people you're feeding actually like it!
    Anonymous said...
    Great job, chef Carla!

Post a Comment