or, Don't Believe What You Hear is the Whole Story.

Remember the story, oh so long ago now, of the lady who sued McDonald's for burning herself on hot coffee? Remember how audacious and ridiculous it sounded, and outrageous when she won the case?

Well let me let you in on a (not so)little (not so) secret. The "News" has a vested interest in making things sound outrageous. With a lot of talk about media bias these days, which definitely exists in both directions depending on the channel, let me tell you what I have discovered.

There is media bias. The bias is toward conflict and controversy.

I heard "the full story" on talk radio about a year ago, and have been meaning to post about it for a while now. So with that, I leave you to read the full story of the (not so) audacious McDonald's coffee lawsuit. Pardon the atrocious web page... But it has the facts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment