Yes this is about trains. But no, not about driving trains. Caleb and I have had several interesting mini-conversations lately, as you can tell by reading some of my recent posts. Let me set this up for you, first, and then the conversation.
Caleb has always been really into trains, but his innate skill at setting up his Thomas & Friends train tracks. His designs are different every time, spanning a room or two, always different and creative. Ups, downs, around furniture legs and using other toys as buildings, tunnels, and sheds. I really need to capture this on (digital) film.
I am looking right now at the one he's set up in the last 15 minutes. It has a large "loop" in his room and a branch that goes out into the living room here.
Me: Caleb, you're really good at making different track set-ups.
Caleb: I just think of them in my brain (puts both hands up to temples) and I see what I want it to look like, and then I build it.
Me: Well, that's really good.
Seriously, this kid has a talent here. I think that's something he inherited from his Papa Steve, and Bryan too. I'm more of a 2-D person. At any rate, I'll endeavor to photograph his work soon.
Categories: a day in the life