A couple of years ago I posted about a cookie exchange that I hosted at our house in California. I love baking at Christmas time, and so now I wish I had my big kitchen now to bake in. Our kitchen here is so uninspiring, I can't even get inspired to take a picture of it to show you.

I made two kinds of cookies for that cookie exchange, one of them being one I really want to bake now... Shaped Vanilla Cookies with Sugar Cookie Frosting from the recipe I used at Allrecipes, my favorite recipe website. (Bryan and I both use it regularly!) Think of those big thick cookies with the pink frosting you often see at coffee shops... But with a much MUCH tastier cookies and fantastic frosting. They were a lot of fun to decorate, too.

I have to admit I haven't gotten much into the Christmasy mood this year, and I think baking some Christmas cookies might help!I might have to take over my mom's fabulous kitchen to make these this year.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    If you're getting as much snow as we are, you're probably snowed in, too -- so as long as you have all the ingredients on hand, this might be a great day for making cookies. In fact, I think I just might muster up the energy to do some myself.

    Speaking of holidays, we're planning to do our annual New Year's Eve party again this year. You up for it?
    Hello said...
    Totally up for it!

    I wish I had the ingredients! I should have gone yesterday before all the new snow. I do have some refrigerated dough I'm baking now, but it's not the same.
    kathryn said...
    yay, you baked!!! My first visit to your blog, sweetheart. . i think? LOVE IT! I think i'll link! xo
    kat

Post a Comment