So here's how it went...
I had about a dozen guests and there were tons of cookies. We had two prizes (not an exchange must-do, but fun anyway), one for the prettiest presentation and one for the yummiest cookies. The taste-testing was fun. Everybody complained that all the cookies were pretty darn good, and that we were spoiling our dinners. :) Interestingly enough, the two beginner bakers of the group were the ones to win the prizes.

The tastiest , Caramel Shortbread Cookies (top left)

My cran-white-choco oatmeal cookies ( middle right)
My hors d'oeuvres were pretty yummy if I say so myself. There were miniature turkey pot pies, bacon tomato biscuit rolls (I invented them, Bryan made them), mini cheese balls with crackers, fruit with yummy fruit dip, veggies and thin breadsticks with roasted red pepper dip (from a mix). I had leftovers after the party, but thanks to Bryan (and I helped), the only things really left now are veggies and cheese balls.
Anyway, the party was a great success. Many people thanked me for hosting it, which is funny because I'm so thankful that they all came. I'm definately planning on having another one next year.
I had about a dozen guests and there were tons of cookies. We had two prizes (not an exchange must-do, but fun anyway), one for the prettiest presentation and one for the yummiest cookies. The taste-testing was fun. Everybody complained that all the cookies were pretty darn good, and that we were spoiling our dinners. :) Interestingly enough, the two beginner bakers of the group were the ones to win the prizes.

The tastiest , Caramel Shortbread Cookies (top left)

My cran-white-choco oatmeal cookies ( middle right)
Taste testing, the best test you can't fail
My hors d'oeuvres were pretty yummy if I say so myself. There were miniature turkey pot pies, bacon tomato biscuit rolls (I invented them, Bryan made them), mini cheese balls with crackers, fruit with yummy fruit dip, veggies and thin breadsticks with roasted red pepper dip (from a mix). I had leftovers after the party, but thanks to Bryan (and I helped), the only things really left now are veggies and cheese balls.
Anyway, the party was a great success. Many people thanked me for hosting it, which is funny because I'm so thankful that they all came. I'm definately planning on having another one next year.
Categories: a day in the life
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
12/07/2006 6:13 PMLooks so fun and yummy! Did you score a delicious gingerbread cookie recipe, by any chance??? I want to make some Christmas cookies with my mom this weekend and gingerbread cookies are really sounding good, but I don't have a good recipe for them. Do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


