Well, it's been precisely one month since my last post. It's been a very creative month! In random order:



I created three logos for our new church called The Reach, with Amanda's suggestions. The first (which looks much like the second) is for our website which is still under development. The second is our all-purpose logo:




We're getting sweatshirts made with the above logo on the front, and this third design on the back:





I also put together a little purse for my niece from some wonderful supplies at the craft store. It was a pink purse with a light yellow interior. The handles I chose were c-shaped clear acrylic that easily attached to the purse. Caleb and I chose some adorable cupcake iron-on appliqués that I ironed on on the front, sides, and inside of the purse. We filled the bag with some pink Build-A-Bear motif goodies we found at Michael's. I wish I'd gotten a photo of it before I gave it to her. I'll have to see if she brings it with her to church on Sunday so I can add a picture here.


I also painted/decoupaged a little stool and picture frame to match as a baby shower gift for a friend (and I guess I hope she doesn't check my blog so the surprise isn't spoiled!). I painted the major surfaces in pink, the undersides in yellow, and the sides in green. For the stool I cut out some flower shapes (freehand), painted on the leaves, and used some "epoxy stickers" as the raised centers of the flowers. As a finishing touch I added polka-dot ribbon around the edge. For the for the frame I cut the paper along the pattern of flowers, added ribbon, and an epoxy sticker. I used sparkle Mod-Podge over the whole of both projects, but you can't really see the sparkle at all in the photo. Trust me, it's really sparkly. (read:girly)






It's been really fun to use the creativity and inspiration God has given me these last few weeks. As long as the creativity lingers, I can create. I am working on a project for Mother's Day, as well, for my mom. Bryan is also making something (different) for his mom. I hope we can get them both done on time!! It seems I recently have an abundance of creativity, but a shortage in time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment