So far I've packed roughly 16 boxes of various sizes and dimensions. For the most part what I've packed is stuff we're going to be able to do without that isn't breakable. We have a large number of boxes but are limited in packing materials to keep things safe in transit.
We got a good tip that we can hit up the local newspaper for the remnants of their paper rolls. I just keep forgetting to call and see how much that would cost me. Probably cheaper than buying a box of paper at the local truck rental store.
Caleb is getting in on the fun. He took over a medium-sized box yesterday and filled it up with toys and odds and ends from his room. What a little helper. He also packed up all his trains and tracks, but they're back out today. I highly doubt he'd be able to be happy without them for two more weeks.
Bryan's parents are arriving on the 21st. I got an oil change on the car they'll be driving back for us over the weekend. I also need to clean out the car of our various and sundry possessions that just don't need to be in the car (ie, random socks, loose change, the odd raisin and Cheerio).
I didn't really get much done as far as move preparedness goes. I did scrub the tile kitchen counters with baking soda and hot water on a scrubby sponge. I wish I'd learned of this trick sooner, I always hated how the grout seemed to never come clean. It looks much better now.
Last night the oven stopped working, and I fully intended on calling the property manager today. We use the oven almost every day and it being out for more than a few days is going to be a pain. I think they'll probably drag their feet on in since we're on our way out, but I hope not. Luckily they called me today to set an appointment for me to let a potential renter come look at the house. So that will be Friday. But they didn't make any promises on getting the oven fixed. I'm supposed to get a call back on that.
Luckily, I was planning a crock-pot dinner tonight so at least for one day we're ok!
Categories: a day in the life