Rules: Write a blog with 10 weird, random facts, habits, or goals about yourself.


1. I really, really, really want to buy a house. Not very weird or random, I know, but I'm just warming up.

We're moving back to Washington to write the next chapter of our lives. For the time being, we're renting a small house. But after Bryan has a job and we're ready, we're going to buy our first home. I would really like to live in the town from whence I graduated high school, but I suppose I'm open to the general area as long as it's the right house at the right price! I have a lot of friends who own their own homes, most of them for a long time, and I admit I have house envy! We've lived in apartments, townhouses, and now a house. I'm ready to graduate!

2. My #1 most hated chore is cleaning out old leftovers from the fridge.
Both Bryan and I are really bad at this. We generally eat our dinner leftovers the next day for lunch or whatnot, but once it's been in there for a while, I pretty much refuse to remove it from the fridge. Pretty much because I really hate to open up the container and smell the horrible stench of old (moldy!) food that makes me want to hurl. So it accumulates in the back corners of the fridge until I catch Bryan doing dishes and pass them off to him. :) It's for the sake of my stomach, really.

3. I write a blog (this one), but I'm surprised when I find out people have read it.
I know about four people (relatives/friends) that read the blog. But as evidenced by Jeremy's comment on one of my posts yesterday, ANYBODY could be reading here and I wouldn't know unless they post a comment. By the way, you should read his blog because it's much better than mine. But still read mine. Just read his too. :)

4. I love to cook, but only because I love to eat and I can't afford to go out to restaurants all the time.
Ever since I got my Calphalon pans, I have enjoyed cooking even more. Bryan and I always like to try new recipes. It's a bit of an adventure, and it's really rewarding when it turns out to be a delicious dish. When we do go out, we often find ourselves thinking we could make it just as well or better at home, if we could just find a recipe. Maybe I should've gone to cooking school.

5. I don't like that I was hoisted onto the iPod bandwagon, but I remain there because it was free.
One of Bryan's coworkers gave him his 2nd generation iPod nano. Bryan already has an 8GB mp3 player, which I can't stand because of the touch-navigation thing. So he gave it to me since I was using HIS old-as-mold mp3 player since my broke. So yes, it's good and all. I just hate bandwagons in general and iPod is the biggest one ever, probably. I do have some legitimate criticisms, but nothing that will make me go out and spend money on something else to replace it.

6. This one sorta relates to #1... I am excited at the prospect of painting. Too much HGTV I think.
Every house I've ever lived in has has plain, boring white walls. This house is an exception, because the master bedroom was painted a dark, and I mean DARK, blue color by the homeowner. While this has its perks for sleeping late in the morning, it is a depressing presence in the room. Also, the boys' bedroom is a royal blue color. Not nice either.

7. More than half of the music I listen to was performed by downhere. I have all 6 cds plus bonus free song.
I basically think they're the best band on the face of the earth in every way possible. If you have been in a car with me and I didn't have them on, I must have been ill that day. Not only are they are fantastic lyrically and musically, but they are great guys who aren't chasing fame but reflecting Christ instead. And I'm not just saying that because one of the band members could potentially be reading this at some point.

8. I want to be an diagnostic sonographer when I grow up. I'll be starting school this year again! (yikes)
That means I want to do ultrasounds. Especially in obstetrics. But I know the field is actually much larger than that. I have some prerequisites to do before I can apply to the program in '09, but those I can do at my hometown community college. It's been a long time since I was in school. I hope I don't bomb!

9. I own a bass guitar, but I have not yet learned to play it.
I now know why you just don't see a lot of mothers of toddlers/preschoolers jamming out. Toddlers/preschoolers love to mess with the strings, knobs, straps, and cables. It makes it incredibly difficult play an instrument, much less LEARN to play an instrument. But I'm gonna do it one of these days when Caleb is off at school, or something like that. I am not too old to be at least a little cool, anyway, and if I start soon enough, I won't know when I'm too old to be cool and at least be cool to myself. Haha. No, really, I have a dream of being musical and I will pursue it when the monkeys can be kept at bay.

10. I love my life, even though it's not very exciting. I just wish I could travel more!
Now that the Air Force chapter of our lives is coming to a close, we have AF friends in numerous states. I've also made friends with some other die-hard downhere fans all over the US. Add to that all the wonders that God has created, and you can see why I wish I could travel more... Friends and all of creation. First on my list of places I've never been before, I think, would be Connecticut! And I hear the states on that side of the nation are so small, you can hit up several in a day! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment