As for me, I've just been hanging out with the boys a lot since Bryan has been gone a lot of the month. We handed over the reigns of our small group bible study to our friends, so we're no longer meeting in our home on Wednesday evenings. This means I don't get that extra boost of help cleaning up on Wednesdays. But we're still going to be able to finish this new bible study before we leave, I think, so that will be good!

I've also been working quite hard on our church's website. I'm handing that off to somebody with no website experience, so I've been trying to find the lowest-maintenance options for all of the features the site offers. I've gotten quite far with it and I have a few things left on my list that I still need/want to do before I show her how to do it all.

I'm super excited to move back though. So far we've decided to rent a truck and move ourselves, towing the second car behind. I've packed a grand total of four boxes. I need to get more packing paper. Together with Bryan, I made a sort of timeline/checklist to keep us organized and on track. We've pretty much got a small rental house lined up for out immediate need when we arrive back home. My mom said we could stay with her for a while, but I think we're going to just go ahead and move into the rental. I think the least amount of moving and rearranging at this point, the better. We'll probably spend a night or two at her house, though, while we get the rental house set up. She and Keith are graciously letting us store the remainder of our household goods on their property, though, which will save us monthly storage fees for however long it takes for us to buy a house.

This whole process has evoked many emotions out of me, sometimes simultaneously. Mostly, since most of the process doesn't include me directly (Bryan "outprocessing" from the AF and finding a job) and essentially keeps us/me in the dark a lot about the details of the move, I've been frustrated. Little by little the pieces are coming together now and I am less frustrated about that. I feel like we have a sort of plan of action now. And of course now that I can start packing in earnest, I feel like I have control of at least something!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    i KNOW HOW YOU MUST BE FEELING cARLITA. kEEP UP WITH THE GOOD SPIRITS AND STRENGHT.

Post a Comment