This month Caleb also started back at preschool. He is still going twice weekly and enjoys it tremendously. We have started talking to him about moving back to Washington, an idea he is quite keen on, so now he's asking his teachers at school if they're going to miss him. He really is getting the concept of missing people. He talks about missing Bryan when he's not here, and actually said yesterday, "Mom, I wanna pretend that Daddy is here." That made my eyes well up!

On top of missing Daddy, Caleb has a nasty cough and cold. It might be "the one that's going around" or it might not, but he's not very happy about it. He's had the cough since about Tuesday, which is usually when my boys get sick after being exposed to other people on Sundays. Today he seemed be feeling ok aside from the illness, but in the afternoon he was feverish and almost lethargic. After dinner he seemed to be feeling more like himself, but the cough still has its hold on him. I've been giving him Triaminic, but I don't think it ever helps. Maybe just a little. I guess it helps a little, or else I wouldn't give it to him. He had a lot of vitamin C too. But poor little guy, he says to me, "Mom, the medicine didn't work." This was about a minute after he drank up the shockingly red syrup and proceeded to cough, of course. Poor buddy. I had to try to explain to him that the medicine doesn't make the cough go away, it's just supposed to help a little. Not much consolation for the boy, I'm afraid.

Micah is getting some more teeth in finally. Some of his molars are already part-way in, and he's finally getting the second pair of bottom teeth in the front. I tell you, my kids teethed strangely. But I digress... Micah is getting smarter each day. It only takes him seeing you do something once, and he's all over it. He can also finally reach to turn light switches on (he can't reach high enough to turn them back off; I haven't decided if that is good or bad), and turning lights on makes him quite happy. He has fallen in love with apples, and can clearly say apple too. He has a lot of words now, some of which are clear, some of which only Bryan and I can understand.

My favorite story of the last month has to be about our favorite song. I listen to downhere basically all the time we're in the car (bad radio reception in this area), and Caleb and I love to sing along to The More. Well, now Micah loves it too. How do you suppose I know this? Well, it's not just because he shouts out, "The More!" when it's on. And it's not just because he starts "drumming" on his little legs or bouncing his feet to the music. There is a part of the song where Marc sings out "ah-ah, nanana, nanana." Caleb and I always sing along. And so, Micah sings out, "nanana, nanana!" He doesn't always or even usually get it during the right part of the song, but always sings it during the song.

This evening, I was rocking Micah while Caleb was in his bed. It was dark and we had some classical bedtime music going. Micah, out of the blue, sings, "Nanana, nanana." So I asked him if he wanted me to sing The More, and he nodded. So I sang it to him, and after much rocking, put him in his bed. Then it was Caleb's turn to rock. And of course since he heard me sing The More to Micah, he wanted The More too. More The More. Ok.

So I sang it again, and during one of the verses, from his crib and out of the darkness, Micah sang out, "Nanana, nanana!"

Bryan and I keep saying we need to get this on video. We just never have it out at the opportune moment and Micah really is very conscious of the camera, constantly calling out, "Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!" So we'll have to find a way to surreptitiously record him doing it. It may be hard, because he doesn't nanana on command. It's somewhat spontaneous.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Great story about "The More", Carla! :) Hope you have a great weekend...

Post a Comment