It's been over a month since I wrote anything here. I have quite a bit to catch up on.

First, it's been decided... Bryan's getting out of the Air Force and we're moving back to Washington. We'll be there at the end of February! My in-laws have graciously offered to drive one of our cars and both boys back to Washington for us, which will greatly increase our productivity and (at least in theory) reduce some stress. I know I'm going to miss them terribly, but I think it's for the best all things considered.

We put in our notice with the property manager of the house we rent. The "for rent" sign is already out in front of the house as a constant reminder to me that the day is drawing near that we'll be driving away from here forever.

We're going to miss our friends/church family here a lot. This is the first time I'm going to leave someplace and truly miss everyone we're leaving behind. Let's not get off on that, or I'll short-circuit the keyboard with my tears.

Moving right along...

Bryan tested, applied, and interviewed for a police officer job back home but he didn't get the job. I was bummed about it at first. I really wanted it, but God has better plans so I'm ok with it now. As I type this he's again out of state for an interview he had today with a sheriff's department. He says he got a much better feeling out of this interview, so maybe this one will take. If not, he's got an interview next month with a third police department. So the opportunities are out there, we just have to find the right match.

He'd also applied for several job openings at Boeing, but there is a lot of shuffling going on there now that the 787 program is out of its initial stages. Instead of laying everyone off, they're filling the open positions with some of those people. I have to admit I am far from heartbroken about this. Boeing tends to be somewhat unstable at times. I'm sure they're a great company to work for, but I have just seen so many strikes and sweeping layoffs over the years... It just does not inspire confidence for a single-income family.

He's also applied for another job with a big local business, but I don't know much about what they do so I'll only fill you in on that if he actually interviews for it, at which point I will care about it more. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment