Did I mention Micah is walking? Well, yeah, he is. Sorry I forgot to tell you. He is also becoming an avid climber. He loves to stand on chairs, and he found he could turn off the dining room light by doing so. Yesterday, we turned from our dinner to him at Caleb's easel, standing on (you won't believe this)... A SIPPY CUP! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, both feet (somehow) on the sippy cup. We may have a circus act in the making. We'll keep you posted on that.


He's also really using his sign language. He has completely mastered the signs for EAT, ALL DONE, MORE, and MILK. He's also shaking his head in the negative, waving at appropriate moments without prompting (not always), pulling the invisible train whistle (with appropriate sound effects), blowing kisses.

So, when I ask, "Do you want to eat?" he replies with the EAT sign. Then I offer him his drink, and he shakes his head no. It's so fun to communicate and it makes things easier on all of us, including Caleb since he still knows these signs (and new ones).

Micah is also taking a stab at actual verbal language. We are 100% sure he is saying "ball" (ba) and "dada". I am about 70% sure he is trying to say either "thank you" or "thanks". I also think he is saying "down" because every time he stands on a chair he says something that sounds like "down". And that makes sense, since that's what we always tell him when he stands on chairs!

He also uses "aya" a lot. I haven't figured out exactly what this means. It may be an all-purpose word, but I have heard him say it often and I think he might be calling Caleb with that. I have to pay closer attention, though, to be sure.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I think it is sooooo cool that Caleb can communicate with him using signs, too! It's common for siblings to understand each other well even when others don't understand them, but I think using the signs is just so neat!!!

Post a Comment