Tomorrow is my little Caleb's FOURTH birthday. It's hard to believe. I was looking at some pictures of him from about a year ago, and I was stunned at how much he's changed. He's lost his babyish look. He's growing up on me, and I can't stop him!

I've also noted lately his speech is greatly improved. Most people can understand his words now. (Understanding what he's SAYING isn't always as easy). He can say big words like experience and destinations. He tells stories, too. "Once on a time, there was a..."

He just grew up while I wasn't looking. You know how it is, when you're with somebody day to day, the changes are so gradual that they often go unnoticed. Pretty soon, he'll be going to preschool, wearing shoes with laces, and making his own little friends. Next thing you know, he's got his driver's license, going to college, and getting married.

I'm too young to be a grandmother!!!!

Ok, so I'm fast-forwarding where I should be pausing and pushing to right arrow button to watch frame by frame. And really, I am glad he's doing so well. I'm pretty sure he's a normal kid, except maybe for... No, that's probably normal. I hope.

So tomorrow, the big oh-four. I don't know if I'm ready, but I'll have to be!

Four years old, here we come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment