Just over a week ago, Micah started sleeping in his crib in his and Caleb's room. The first night was pure misery as he woke up no less than seven times. But within a few days, he as sleeping six hours straight. Nice going, buddy. Now he and I get more sleep at night.

The only drawback is that since he still wakes up around 3am to feed, I now have to get out of bed, into their room, SIT in the rocker and feed him. Then I have to put him back in bed, walk back to my room and get comfortable. This would be no great feat at 3pm, but in the darkness of night, I it causes me to become fully awake.

I am not one of those people who fall asleep the instant my head hits the hay. (Ahem, Bryan.) It takes me several minutes, and sometimes a LONG time to fall back asleep. So for the first couple of mornings, Bryan had to come home on his lunch hour so I could take a nap.

I am feeling less tired at the 3am mark, but at 7am, when he wakes up for good, I feel a bit more tired. By 3pm, I am decidedly tired, but I am still able to operate.

Micah, on the other hand, is much more rested. He is playful in the mornings rather than cranky. His naps are more predictable (still taking three of those) than they used to be, too. So all in all, it's been a good move for us. Someday (hopefully soon-ish) he'll sleep maybe eight hours in a row and Mom will not be tired.



Might I add, that Caleb has not so much as batted a sleepy eyelash since beginning to share the room with Micah. He sleeps right through Micah's hungry calls to me, and plays in the living room uncomplainingly while Micah naps in their room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment