Aw, man!! I forgot _____. You name it, I've forgotten to buy it while grocery shopping, only to realize it after returning home.

At McChord we had a great list of things we buy BY AISLE, thanks to a handy directory the commissary had printed out for customers to take.

No such luck here, and I am not going to spend a single minute diagramming this commissary myself. But I did find The Ultimatest Grocery List at Grocerylist.org. It's a downloadable (ie, printable) PDF with common grocery items and even a "Random impulse buy". I suppose that's to limit us to one. Which would be a good thing for me.

The list even reminds us to bring our own canvas bags (I'd have to bring at least 20), clip coupons, etc. Nice.

So now I just printed my list, and I'm going to the pantry and fridge to figure out what we need. Then I'll send my darling husband to the store to get the listed items on his way home from work. And we won't forget anything. :)

Sidebar: I sometimes (because I'm not organized enough to always do it, nor would I want to plan that much) pick out a few recipes I'd like to make in the next couple of weeks and make sure I put all the ingredients for them on the list. Might even do that now too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment