Last week an appointment scheduler called from Children's to made an appointment for Caleb. The appointment is on Friday, and Bryan will be able to take some time off to go with us. I just did a referral validation thing over the phone with the insurance. So it would seem we're set to go.
Not so fast.
I Googled the doctor's name and found out that she is actually at UCSF Hospital. Not Children's in Oakland. So what do I do now? The appointment is only a few days away. Who knows what to do? So I call my doctor, who was cut out of the loop after ordering the X-ray. Of course, I can't actually TALK to her when I call. The appointments lady took a message from me for her. Who knows how quickly the message will get to our doctor and when she'll be able to call back.
WHY IS THIS STUFF ALWAYS SO FRUSTRATING!?!?!?!
The really dumb thing is that the UCDavis Hospital is much close and would make more sense in that regard. Traffic towards, near, and in San Francisco is ridiculous bordering on maddening, and there are two four dollar tolls between here and there. Unless this doctor is leaps and bounds ahead of the pediatric surgeons at UCDavis, why should we be excessively inconvenienced?
AARGGH!
I just want the doctor to call me back so I can call the insurance to make the changes if I need to!!
I want this whole thing to be done as quickly as possible and they're not helping!
Categories: a day in the life
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
2/08/2007 7:06 PMAs if dealing with the condition isn't enough, we have to FIGHT with insurance companies and offices just to get answers, let alone make decisions and get things covered. Forget about trying to make anything convenient! ARGH -- I feel for you!