We went to visit Bry's grandma in the hospital in Fresno. We sat for quite a while, chatting and whatnot. When we were getting ready to leave (the seventh floor), I felt the need to use the ladies' room. I see in the hallway a restroom RIGHT next to the nurses' station but it has a big sign that says STAFF ONLY. So I ask the nurses, who see that I am pregnant, where I can use the rest room. THE TENTH OR FIRST FLOOR.

Yikes!

I decide to use the first floor option because we're heading out. The elevator seems very slow. I get downstairs and ask an employee where the restrooms are. He points me to one across the lobby and down a hallway. I get there only to find a custodian's cart blocking the entrance.

I call inside, "How long until this restroom is available?" The lady looks up from her cleaning to reply, "A while. You'll have to use the other bathroom."

Double yikes!! The TENTH floor?!

I really have to go.

I ask, "On the tenth floor?" and she replies, "no, it's at the other end of the lobby, down the hallway." This sounds a lot closer than another elevator ride, so off I hurry to find this second bathroom. I finally get to it, do my business, and trudge back to find the rest of my party in the lobby.

There is plumbing throughout the structure of a hospital. We are not allowed to use the patient restrooms or the special staff bathrooms (which are conveniently located right where we can see them, doors propped open and all). Yet the only two floors that offer public facilities are TEN floor apart? And the one restroom I was able to get in only had two stalls. This seems terribly inadequate to me, especially in my late-pregnancy state.

I probably spent 7-8 minutes getting to the correct restroom. You'd think it would make perfectly good sense to have at least one other restroom on the FIFTH floor, close to the elevators. (Both of the first floor facilities were almost as far as they could possibly be from the elevators).

This poor planning just does not make sense to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment