So this is not quite a recipe, exactly, but more of a recipe idea that is really simple.
Start with a steak, hacked into bit-sized pieces. Season with salt & pepper, or mexican carne asada seasoning if you have any. (We got some a tiny local mexican store.)
Saute about a teaspoon of chopped garlic (or more, if you want) and 1/4 of a medium onion in olive oil. Add the steak pieces and cook them to your liking... Remember small pieces of steak take much less time to cook, this should only take a few minutes.
Then add a can of your favorite lentil soup. You could make your own, but we like semi-homemade around here lately for a quick lunch. I use a 14.5 oz can of Amy's Organic lentil soup. It has carrots in it.
This makes (just) enough for me to share with the boys, who love it, and it's very meaty. If you want it more soupy, just add another can of soup.
I love to eat this (and almost everything) with a crusty bread, but when I made it today we didn't have any and it was good anyway. :)
Categories: Food + Recipes