A conversation from Thursday.
Caleb: Somebody telled on us at school. We were talking about yucky stuff.
Me: What were you talking about?
Caleb: Poop and... Just poop.
Me: What were you saying about poop?
Caleb: We were just saying it.
Me: You were just saying the word "poop"?
Caleb: Yeah.
Me: Who were you saying it to?
Caleb: Nobody. Me and (other boy) and another boy were just saying it at recess.
Me: And somebody heard you say it and told the teacher?
Caleb: Yes.
Me: What did the teacher say to you?
Caleb: Nothing.
Me: Well you know potty stuff... is not something we say... People don't like to hear about potty stuff.
Caleb: OK, Mommy.
Me: Ok.
Categories: a day in the life
2 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
By the way, are you aware that your blog is covered in "Upgrade to pro today" photobucket images?
Josiah: So mom, girls don't have Mr. Winkies? (his code term for penis)
Me: No, they don't (and then bracing myself for the next question, which I'm not entirely sure I'll have any idea how to answer)
Josiah: So . . . do they just pee out their bottoms?
Me: (sigh of relief that this is just him figuruing out how a girl could pee without the "proper" equipment) Not exactly.
I proceeded to offer as simple an explanation of bottoms, poop, an extra hole for peeing, etc.
Josiah: Oh, okay. (as if to say "whew, I was gonna worry about you as a girl, mom, but now that I know you can still pee somehow, it's all good.")