I have the Weather Channel widget on my iGoogle home page. It tells me the current temperature and conditions, displays the three-day forecast and weather radar, and notifies me if there is a "Severe Weather Alert" for my area.
It's always made me chuckle, though, that the Weather Channel considers rain "severe weather". Maybe it's because I have lived most of my life in Washington, where rain is no big deal. It pretty much has to hail or thunder for a long-time Washingtonian to even notice. We have a few really bad storms where streets flood and trees blow over, and that's what we call a storm.
But in California, it seems, a day that's below the average temperature accompanied by more than 30 minutes of rain is considered stormy. Today's Severe Weather is (and I quote) "COOLER AND WET WEATHER ON TAP THIS WEEK". Whoa. Call out the National Guard.
Oh, and by cooler, they mean highs in the mid 50's to mid 60's. Really, get out your mukluks.
Categories: internet, Miscellany