We got a new property manager yesterday and she sent a plumber to check out a pipe we thought had mold around it.
So the guy comes out today and checks it out. He immediately knew that this was not mold and the pipe was not leaking, but tightened up some other stuff to prevent any future leaks. Caleb was very interested and the plumber shone his flashlight under the sick so Caleb could see what he was doing. While I appreciated his effort on every level, he made me nervous.
This man is probably easily 6'6" tall and probably in his 40s. He kept commenting on and asking about the boys (Caleb looks more like me, trying to guess their ages, etc). He asked if I work from home (the computer was on, I had an earpiece in my ear), and commented on my lovely cross necklace (along with showing me his own cross necklace).
All the while I was trying to mention Bryan as often as I could and hoping he'd finish writing up his paperwork and leave so I could close (and bolt) the door. As soon as that happened, I called Bryan to tell him we had no leak, and them wouldn't let him off the phone until the plumbing company truck left.
How terrible that I felt so strange. I'm sure the man just thought he was being a friendly (Christian?) person. I think I may watch too many crime/forensics shows. But aren't women always told to trust their instincts? Well, if I ever turn up dead by monkey wrench, you'll know whodunnit. Sigh.
Categories: Miscellany