During the last week of June I got a call from my mom. She was still having problems with her retina - it was detaching again - and would have to undergo surgery again.

I love my mom and I knew it was really going to be difficult for her. During the surgery they put a gas bubble in her eye to hold the retina in place, and then she has to be at a 45 degree angle on her side for days after the surgery.

So, after conferring with Bryan and Janet, I decided to take the boys with me to go help her out. We stayed the first week or so at Steve & Janet's house. Caleb loved this because every day Janet babysits his little cousins and he played hard with Gracie! Then when my mom started being able to be upright, we stayed with her.

Caleb also loved this, since Tia Neigh has horses and he was allowed to go to the barn with her in the evenings to feed them. He also got to sit on their backs, and one day when Josiah and Andi were over even rode a horse with her. (They all did, and I have pictures to prove it someplace on my hard drive.)

I really missed Bryan and being home and our church, but it was so nice to be able to see people I hadn't seen for six months. I can never squeeze enough out of these visits but what I get holds me over 'til the next time.

Instead of flying home, since it was time for Bryan's family reunion, we rode with Steve and Janet to Newport, Oregon, and were reunited with Bryan. :) And I'll write more about that, and if I don't get lazy, add pictures too.

By the way, my mom is doing ok with her eye now... The sight is not good at all, but there is time for it to improve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment