No, not the planet on which we live. Flat Earth is a new Frito-Lay brand. Bryan spotted a bag of their Baked Fruit Crisps at the commissary last week and showed it to me. Peach Mango Paradise. Interesting.

So we bought it and I just tried one. Interesting doesn't quite capture the feeling, though. Imagine you are eating a Pringles crisp, but it's twice as thick as your normal Pringles crisp, and flat. And then it tastes like peaches and mangoes. Can you imagine it? See what I'm saying? Interesting doesn't even cover it. It confuses and pleases the mouth.

Flat Earth Peach Mango Paradise Baked Fruit Crisps are made out of rice, potato, apple, peach, and mango. Natural flavors and colors. Nice. And they're baked. And they have " a 1/2 serving of real fruit in ever ounce of crisps" and 130 calories per ounce (with six servings in a bag, 780 calories if you can't help but eat the whole bag).

Reading down the nutrition facts I am not stunned by any numbers in particular that would make me drop the bag like a hot potato. There are some vitamins and minerals in there, so that's good, even 10% of the recommended amount of Vitamin C.

I don't know if this all adds up to an actually healthy snack, but it's definately not UNhealthy and for sure it's tasty! You should try 'em, especially since you can print a coupon for $1.00 off Flat Earth crisps (veggie or fruit) from their website.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Josiah eats those -- off and on. Some days he LOVES them, other days he won't touch them. I'm not crazy about them myself (have only tried the Peach Mango ones you mentioned) but I think I'll print that coupon and try a different flavor!

Post a Comment