I've been on the internet a LOT lately. I was tasked with creating both a craislist-like (but everything is free) section of our website as well as creating an online address book. Both things I had never done before, but it is my personal motto that I can find anything on the internet.
So first I tackled the craigslisty thing. We haven't decided on an official name for it. In fact, we are having a contest at church for people to prayerfully come up with a good name for the project. I set it up in a bulletin board format, and the harder part of it was making it look at least nice. Plus, I had to make examples for posting bulletins and the contest rules. (The winner gets a Starbucks gift card).
Yesterday I took a break from that to create some potential desings for the next batch of business cards. I'll convert those to little jpgs, when I get the chance, so you can check them out.
Today I installed the system for the address book. It took me a while because the type of coding (language) that is used is something I'd never dealt with before. After reading up on a few basics, I was able to install it fairly easily because this particular system came with a file that does a lot of the work itself.
The last part of that was creating a cool graphic for the address book. You can check it out here. But really the last part would be inputting all the names, addresses, phone numbers, birthdays, and anniversaries. This part I'm hoping somebody will volunteer to do. I might just bore myself into a stupor if I did it myself.
The program will need a little tweaking if it will be like our printed directory - with everbody in the family having their bday listed etc. But I think I will be able to accomplish that in the next couple of weeks.
I really need to develop the kind of personality that can just put something down halfway (or 1/4 of the way) through. As it is with these different projects, I have a huge mountain of dirty laundry to take care of, at the very least.
So tht's what I've been up to the last four days. I do feel like I accomplished a lot, and I hope it all gets put to good use.