Good thing I bought those snow boots on Sunday night! There's at least a foot of snow there and there's more to come. Bryan talked to his mom a few minutes ago and Caleb is having a blast there. He and Grandpa are playing with trains so he didn't want to come to the phone again. I'm going to have to catch him at bedtime to get him to talk to me, I think. :)
He seems to be getting better from his cold/cough and has regained his appetite. He had a KFC feast of mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and chicken (no skin, thanks) that Grandma boasted about. We say go for it, Caleb. Put some weight on!
We've also offered many riches to Grandma if she manages to potty-train him. Maybe his reluctance will simmer down in such a fun atmosphere. I firmly believe that my child, as well behaved as he normally is (by three-year-old's standards), behaves better for all other people than for me. It actually makes perfect sense. I think most adults also argue more with the people they love than with people we only see periodically. Am I right?
Anyway, this post was really just to share this picture of Caleb, the boy I miss. I'm glad he's having a fun time, and I can hardly wait to join him!
Categories: a day in the life
2 Comments:
-
- Anonymous said...
11/29/2006 9:31 PMWe had some fun with the snow at first -- it snowed ALL day on Sunday and Josiah and I went out in twice. He LOVED it. But when we lost power early Monday evening and didn't get it back until today in 18 degree weather, it became a lot less fun! We would have frozen here, so we ended up staying with Mark and Michelle for a night. I never thought I'd end up without power for 2 days with no alternative source of heat in the middle of Bellingham, but there you have it. Looks like Caleb had a much better time with it!!!- Hello said...
11/30/2006 8:13 AMI think S&J didn't lose power, but they have a pellet stove anyway. Glad you guys found a place to get warm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
