This simple recipe is a huge hit whenever I make it (ahem, Josh). I got the recipe years ago, but I recently saw it on All-Recipes.com (my favorite recipe website) so I thought I'd share it with you.
The first part, the mixing of the ingredients, is rather simple and quick. Rolling the truffles into little balls is more time consuming. It would be a good team activity... One rolls the truffle mixture into little balls, the other rolls the ball in the coatings. The result is a very sweet little treat, great for a little indulgence, or gift-giving, or both!
Get the Chocolate Truffles Recipe (including reviews and printable recipe cards)
My variations on the original recipe:
Instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips, try using white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips (Hershey's Special Dark is a favorite around here). You can also mix semi-sweet with milk or dark chocolate.
For flavoring, you don't have to stick with the vanilla extract. Try pure orange extract, coconut extract, imitation rum extract, or mint extract.
Another suggestion is to shape the truffle around a nut or raisin, or even a craisin (dried cranberry). Haven't tried this one, but how could it be bad???
I don't really like rolling the truffles in confectioner's sugar (it seems to absorb the chocolate and the result is not very pretty) but cocoa works great. I have never done nuts or coconut but they both seem like they'd work well.
Categories: Miscellany
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)