Really excited for fall this year.

We're hosting a Thanksgiving dinner at our house and will be inviting two couples (the husbands work with Bryan) that are our friends, as well as Bryan's parents. This will be the second Thanksgiving not spent back home (the first, a disaster, in 2002). I'm sure this one will go much more smoothly (if no cars catch on fire, it's a winner). One of the guys has volunteered to deep-fry the turkey. I'll be making my mom's famous yams. Fans are found from WA to CA to CT (I think you liked them Krissy) to even Iraq (*shoutout to Dave*). Anyway, it promises to be a lovely occasion.

The house will be already decorated for Christmas, because we plan to be gone for a good portion of December and want to enjoy the festive and warm feeling the house gets with the tree trimmed and the nativity serving as a reminder that we're celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!

Bryan's parents are driving from here to visit more family farther south, then on to Disneyland. On their way back to Washington, they'll be stopping back by to pick Caleb up, and he'll stay with them for (approximately) the week before Micah and I take a flight up to Seatac. Bryan will follow when he takes leave, a week or two later. One by one by two by one (or something like that) we'll be making our way up to spend The Holiday with our family, but we'll make the flight back to Cali together as a family before the New Year.

I hope to be able to make time to meet up with my dear friends whom I haven't seen in months or years, and hopefully likewise they (you) can make the time. :)

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Yay! We'd love to see you! Josh will probably be workimg lots but he'll have to have a day off now & then :)
    Anonymous said...
    I can't WAIT to see you! Count me IN!!!

Post a Comment