We actually never became members of Discovery Community Church in Tacoma, and I can't really say why. We loved that church and the people, the feeling of everyone wanting to know and make known the Lord Jesus Christ.... Feeling electrified by God's message and the worship... We were so sad to leave it behind when we moved.
When we first moved here, it was quite a hunt to find THE church for us. We tried so many that I can't even remember which ones anymore. I "broadened our horizons" by trying a church in Vallejo, which is a little drive on the freeway (20-25 minutes if there's no traffic). The first time I attended I was just with Caleb, since Bryan was TDY. I felt instantly welcome, and even though it's quite different from Discovery, it was the first church here where I felt like I needed to go back a second (and more) times. I wasn't able to return until after my spring trip back home, but we've been attending ever since.
Now Bryan and I have decided that Northbay Covenant Church is where God wants us to serve, and we've asked for membership there. I pray that God finds this pleasing to him, and that our service is not only pleasing to him but effective for him.
Categories: a day in the life