Sleep is an issue with Caleb. He would rather play 24/7 than take a nap or go to bed. It would be no surprise to most that the word "nap" immediately generates cries of "no!" and "i can't want to" (he insists on saying can't rather than don't, but it is fitting in this instance) from my little monkey.
So lately I've revisited my strategy. Now I say:
"Let's go lie down in your bed and rest." If he seems reluctant, I add that he doesn't HAVE to go sleep, just rest for a while. Most of the time, he goes willingly, without needing to be convinced. And most of the time, after a little awake-resting, he falls asleep.
Sometimes it's the word (nap) that causes the anxiety in him. Changing gears solves the problem. (Unless he figures out my strategy...) :)
Categories: a day in the life
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
8/23/2006 4:20 PMGreat insight and strategy. You should post more parenting tips, please!