Bryan returned home from a week-long trip on the 14th of July. We decided to try out a steakhouse instead of cooking dinner. I ordered a (delicious) prime rib dinner and ate til I could eat no more. When the waiter came back to clear our dishes, he asked if we'd left any room for dessert. My reply?

"If I eat any more, I'll go into labor."

The waiter smiled and suggested I refrain from birthing my child in the restaurant. Seemed like a good idea. So what did I do?

I waited til I got home, THEN went into labor. Approximately 5 hours later, I was admitted to the hospital.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    LOL! If only that waiter knew just how close that statement was to coming true!!! Maybe he'd have tipped you to leave instead of waiting to be tipped himself :)

    I'm glad Bry was home for the event -- of course it meant he didn't get one last night in his own bed before new baby arrived, huh?! Oh well, welcome to fatherhood! :)

Post a Comment