I have to miss two (*four... see next paragraph) weddings this year. Mostly (*again, see next paragraph) because of being "technically high risk," and therefore discouraged by my doctor from flying (or traveling far in general). Of course $ would have been a factor too.

Two of Bryan's male cousins are getting married. Not TOO broken up about those since we didn't even get invited to them (hahaha) but it would have been nice to see the fam since both weddings are in home territory.

I was planning on sending a gift for those weddings, and it might be petty, but since we didn't even merit an invitation... Not gonna. It's not like we have money coming out of our ears right now, but if we'd been graced with an invitation, I would have been happy to send something. I LOVE giving gifts, it's just part of my personality.

The first wedding to actually take place is my cousin Mari's wedding. It's in Vermont and my family is actually at the Seatac airport on their way there. I really wanted to go to this one, since I don't get to see my mom's side of the family... EVER. I am hoping to live the moments vicariously through my mom's and Claudia's accounts of the event, plus - I'm sure - lots of pictures.

Last but certainly not least is the wedding of my very own bridesmaid, Ashley, to her really great fiance, Brandon. Caleb was going to be the ringbearer in the ceremony, but that was before I knew I was pregnant and the wedding was a mere week before my due date. I don't think she'd have enjoyed me going into labor during her nuptuals.

Weddings, weddings, weddings. I truly hope that these weddings go smoothly (as smoothly as a wedding can go) and are beautiful., and of course that the marriages they birth are long-lasting, long-loving, and God-honoring ones.

I'll just have to console myself by having my baby! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment