Usually I hear this kind of talk in advertisements, but common folk are guilty too.
Another one I heard today... Some people can only do what they are able to. I'm willing to bet that most of us can only do what we are able. What we're unable to do, we generally can't do.
Those are just two examples that jumped out at me today. I know I have heard others. I'm not saying that every word one utters should be of international importance, but why waste breath on meaningless phrases? More words are not better words. You know what I am talking about. I'm talking about the things that I have mentioned. :-P
Edited 6/23/06, thanks to Andi for these witty additions:
Andi said...Here are a couple of my favorites:
"For indoor or outdoor use ONLY" -- Um, is there any other place? Is there a place that isn't in or out? Perhaps I'm sheltered, but I was of the impression that there only was indoor and outdoor. And even if there is an in-between, wouldn't something that is safe for both ends of the spectrum also be safe in the in-between?!
On an empty commuter mug bought from a store "Caution: Contents may be hot." Really?! Since I'm the one who fills it, and since it's an insulated mug, shouldn't I know the approximate temperature of the contents?!
3 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"For indoor or outdoor use ONLY" -- Um, is there any other place? Is there a place that isn't in or out? Perhaps I'm sheltered, but I was of the impression that there only was indoor and outdoor. And even if there is an in-between, wouldn't something that is safe for both ends of the spectrum also be safe in the in-between?!
On an empty commuter mug bought from a store "Caution: Contents may be hot." Really?! Since I'm the one who fills it, and since it's an insulated mug, shouldn't I know the approximate temperature of the contents?!