Can't recall if I mentioned it, but the quilt and shams for the guest room came already. The same day I sewed two throw pillows and a curtain from a sheet that was formerly a curtain in our house at McChord. (Thrifty, eh?) It turns out a throq quilt I already had coordinates with the new bedding perfectly, too. Points for me.

We purchased a mattress last Sunday and it was delivered Tuesday. Luckily we had saved our old "Hollywood" bed frame and it's now being utilized in the guest room. A few days ago we bought a foam mattress pad and a matress cover, too.

Today we found some 300tc sheets and four nice pillows (two for shams, two for cases... I had to teach this to my husband when we got our nice quilt set a couple of years ago). The pillow choosing was kinda fun, squeezing and squishing until we found ones we liked. The only thing that's missing in the bedding department is the bed skirt - another mystery to boys - but at least the sleeping portion of the bed is covered (literally).

While we were shopping, we also picked up a really cool mirror for the guest room. I wish I'd taken a picture of it before I sat down to type, because now I'm not getting back up to do it. Why do now what you can out off 'til tomorrow, right?

Anyway, this mirror has a distinctly shaped frame, and I'm hoping that Bryan can copy it for the headboard I want to create (with his help). He DID just buy a new jigsaw... Might as well give him something to use it on, right?

HAPPY NOTE: Bryan's parents are coming on Friday, so the benefit is twofold. On one side, they have somewhere to sleep that's not inflatable. On the other side, somebody gets to appreciate my decorative prowess. Yes, I said prowess. ;-)

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wow, way to go crafty lady!!! Yes, prowess is probably a good word. Pictures!!! Pictures!!! We want Pictures!!!!!

Post a Comment