I put together the baby's crib yesterday all by myself. I am woman, hear me roar. I also ironed all the bedding and put it on. Not very feminist of me, but hey, I'm just not very feminist. It's looking good in "The Boy's Room" now. Of course, to Caleb, it's HIS room and the crib is just another thing to unleash his monkeyness on, but we've got time yet.
I've unpacked all of the boys' stuff except two big boxes of Caleb's toys, since I wanted to create some order before I unleash the chaos. The room has a walk-in closet and Bryan is bringing in a shelving unit that we bought in February for the shed. Since this garage has an abundance of shelving, we're going to use the plastic one in the walk-in for Caleb's and Baby Brother's bigger toys and other things best kept out of reach.
This morning Caleb "helped" put together and clean up the high chair, bouncy seat, and the baby toys. Some of these things he hasn't seen for ages, but he still claims them. We're trying to get around that by telling him they were his when he was a baby, that they are for babies (remember the fat plastic keys?), and since he's a little boy now, he doesn't need them anymore. And isn't it great, when the new baby comes, he'll be able to use them! So far it's not working as well as we'd like, but if we continue to tell him, maybe he'll start to believe it.
On Saturday Aaron and Nicole are coming over, and they have a 1 year old named Devon (or Devin?) who is tiny just like Caleb was (he was also a preemie with complications). So Caleb is excited that Devon can use the high chair and the toys. Caleb really loves other kids, younger or older (nice ones). Most of our friends' kids have been girls, so you can just bet Devon's name is mentioned on a regular basis these days. More Devon, Mama?