Or do you say catsup?

Ok, now it's really been a long time since I blogged. Since my last post, quite a bit has transpired.

We moved into our new house. It really is great to be here. It's not the biggest house we looked at, but it suits us, and the back yard is great. The kids go out there just about every day.

The boys are sharing a bedroom still, and the other bedroom they're using as a playroom. This has served to make bedtime a lot easier, no more last-minute cleanups so we can just reach the bed! They have also been good about cleaning up their messes in the playroom, especially Caleb.

Another thing that has helped with that is the newest addition to our family, Rooby the Roomba. It's a vacuum-cleaning robot! Bryan got it for me (a great deal on woot!) soon after we moved in. All I have to do is push a button and confine it to a room using the lighthouse virtual wall (right) and it goes to work. When it's done, it goes back to the docking station (left) to charge. Later, I take two minutes to empty the dust bin and clean the brushes (of my hair, mostly). Then it's ready to go. I can't wait til we get laminate floors in the living room and hallway, I'll have to clean the brushes less.

But I digress. I taught the kids the first day we got the Roomba that if there are things left on the floor, Roomba might suck them up, or they might break it. So whenever I tell them that they need to pick up their room so Rooby can clean, they hop right to it!

It's also been great to have a kitchen we can actually cook in. Dinner is back! I have yet to do some baking, but it's just been too hot in the afternoons. Hotter in the house than out, because of no air conditioning. People from around the country are always so surprised that the average house in WA doesn't have A/C. I would like to have a couple of ceiling fans wired, but alas, that is for later as well. Probably when it starts getting cold again.


1 Comment:

  1. Gina: said...
    Hurray!!! I am so excited that you have begun life in the new house. Tiny robot things scare me... but Rooby sounds friendly enough. Do you have to vacuum at all now, or does it take care of everything?

Post a Comment