That's the year I was born.

I have decided that although movie watching is not a top priority in my life (on the bottom half of the list) I should watch some of these movies. I know that I have a serious pop-culture knowledge gap because I don't watch movies. It doesn't bother me. But Bryan is a movie buff. Getting married (to me, who doesn't care a whole lot about movies) and having kids has definitely put a damper on his efforts at knowing every movie word for word. I think he's going to like this.

So here is my pledge: Between now and my birthday, I will watch five of these movies. I got the list from Film.com.

The 10 Best Movies of 1981

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark

2. Chariots of Fire

3. The Cannonball Run

4. Superman II

5. The Great Muppet Caper

6. Escape from New York

7. Body Heat

8. Arthur

9. Endless Love

10. The Fox and the Hound


Actually, I saw The Fox and the Hound when Michelle was little (in the 90's). So I've only got 9 choices. Any suggestions?

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    The only two I have any knowledge about (besides The Fox and the Hound) are Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Great Muppet Caper. I've seen each of those only once. But I suggest you watch them.

    I'm like you and don't watch many movies. But when I find one I like, I'm prone to watch it a million times.

Post a Comment