Some people are not only not the brightest crayons in the box. Some people are raw umber. Dull.

Take this fellow, 22 years old, who breaks into a church to steal instruments, takes a bite of their donuts, and then leaves the evidence... (here)

It's kinda funny to me that he wouldn't think of such a thing. When I have to lick an envelope at work, I actually refer to it as DNA evidence. Too bad this guy hadn't watched as much CSI as I have.

On the other hand, I've been the victim of a break-in of my home where irreplaceable things of value were stolen, and although the police did come and take fingerprints from wherever they could think to, I knew (and the cop probably knew but didn't want to tell me) they would never catch whomever did it. There are just too many of those types of crimes. Besides, in California you probably would have to get permission from the suspect and three priests to run the fingerprints, let alone keep a searchable database on hand for such a need. I highly doubt the system is as quick and effective as on CSI.

Maybe next time I go out of town, I'll leave a box of donuts lying around as insurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment