(L-R) Cop I Don't Know, Cop I Don't Know, Bryan, Cop I
Don't Know, Cop I Don't Know, and Cop I Don't Know


Today was picture day at the academy. Another recruit snapped this photo of a few members of the class in between formal photos. All of these guys are from different departments around the state, so I have never met any of them (as the caption might suggest).

Bryan has less than six weeks left at the academy. Thanks to everybody who has prayed for him during the seemingly endless hiring process and especially during the last three+ months. Hopefully he'll have some good stories (and dare we hope, photos) when he finally returns home that I can share with you.

The boys are certainly going to enjoy seeing some pictures of Dad looking like a police officer. Micah is getting especially anxious for Bryan to be done already, and has even taken to asking every morning if it's Friday, so we can pick up Daddy from the police station. Caleb, being older, is looking forward to the graduation day when he can go visit the academy and see where Bryan has been spending so much time. He has already talked about wanting to be a police officer like his dad. He actually said that for the first time BEFORE Bryan left for the academy, but he's saying it more and more often.

Both of the boys got toy metal handcuffs in their Christmas stockings from Grandma J, and they enjoy handcuffing friends and family as well as themselves and each other. Even Micah's stuffed Mickey Mouse has been handcuffed for the crime of having been "bad". They both threaten to put the other in jail, which is under the table with the chair surrounding or sometimes a corner blocked off with a box.

I suppose, though, with Caleb's increasing knowledge and exponentially growing curiosity, we'll have to have a good talk to him about what law is, guns, why people do "bad" things... It could go on and on. Seems like the kind of things I'd LOVE for him to be blissfully unaware about, but I think he already knows cops carry guns... He's a deep thinker and will mull things over for quite a while sometimes before asking just the right question to catch me off guard. I want to be able answer his questions sincerely without making him worry. Which worries me, because I'm not quite sure how I/we will do that!

For now, he's content that Dad's got a job and soon we'll be looking for a bigger house to live in where we're not literally stepping on eachother's stuff on a regular basis. And surely when I show him the photo in the morning, he'll want to print it off(he knows how to print now, this FIVE year old!) so he can have it. And Micah will too.

Ok sorry for the rambling post, I keep saying it, but I'm really going to sleep... Now!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Fun! And as a near-victim of Caleb's rather sneaky handcuffing attempts, I dare say he just might be a darn good cop someday :)

Post a Comment