Winter is here. It started to snow yesterday afternoon, and by the time we woke up this morning, there were about four inches of snow on top of the cars, a bit less on the ground. Not sure how that works. Regarless, we're having some of the coldest weather in 20 years or so. Which is longer than I've lived here. It's really cold!
During the day we had some sun today so much of the snow melted, only to refreeze into a lovely blanket of ice everywhere. Great! The main roads were all clear when we drove home from the Reach's Christgiving Dinner, but who knows that they'll be like tomorrow when I take Caleb to school, Micah to Grandma Janet's, and go off to work. I'm sure this is nothing to some people, but I am REALLY missing my California weather right about now.
Anyway, to make this an educational experience, after breakfast Bryan went out and snapped an 18-inch icicle off the edge of the roof so the boys could take a closer look. We talked about how they're made, and especially Caleb was very fascinated by it. We then threw it outside onto the porch so he could see it break. Just like a boy!
Categories: a day in the life