Since Caleb is on Christmas break from school, I signed him up for a couple of classes at the museum. There were two, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and it worked out that he was able to come to work with me, have lunch with me between classes, and be done at the same time as I was done with work for two days.

It was really nice to have that little extra chatting time in peace in the car as well as during my lunch break.

They were really long days for him. His school schedule only has him in class for just under three hours, and then he gets to hang with one of his grandmas or me afterward. The schedule for the last two days was a five-hour one. But he had a good time and only really seemed to be too tired to focus and behave well for the last hour or so today.

His morning class was called "Paints, Prints, and Dyes". There were about eight kids in his class. I wish I hadn't been working so I could have observed more, but from what I could see they were experimenting with colors for a good portion of the class. One of the stations had little bowls with diluted (I assume) food coloring and shaving cream. The kids would take a dropper and mix shaving cream and color.

In this class Caleb made a lovely hat, primarily out of construction paper and many colors of glitter glue. I proudly walked across the museum garnering jealous stares. Or stares of some kind, anyway. :)

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Pictures, please! I'd love to see this new hat of yours. And what was his afternoon class about?

Post a Comment