Some advice I was given, as Osamouse is now holed up in the attic and have not even touched any of the bait as far as I can tell. (Note to self: Check bait again.)
I would suggest getting a cat or using a "wheel of death" to get a lot of them at a time. Mice LOVE peanut butter. It works way better than cheese or store bought bait. Using a five gallon bucket and wheel (an empty pop can works well with holes in both ends) suspended with fishing line. Then you put some peanut butter on the can and your set. Make a path to the top of the five gallon bucket, a stick or a board work. The mice try to jump from the board onto the wheel and of coarse in rolls and they cant hang on and end up in the bucket. If you don't want them for pets then put about 2 or 3 inches of water in the bottom of the bucket, let's just say they get a little soggy.Let's just say I don't particularly want a bucketful of deceased "soggy" mice, but I guess I would rather that then live mice with a penchant for drywall.
So I guess now I have to rope some helpful gentleman into building one of these contraptions for me. I don't know where I would put this thing. I'm picturing a 5-gallon bucket and a stick taking up a good space on the floor, maybe three feet by two feet. I don't really have six square feet to give up inside the house, and I don't really want to be LURING Osamouse back into the house if he's not coming in now. So I'm kinda picturing it outside the back of the house, actually just outside the laundry room from whence it got its first snackrel*.
*(I bet that's the first time you've seen the words "whence" and "snackrel" in the same sentence.)
Categories: a day in the life, the mouse war chronicles
1 Comment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You and always make me giggle!