Micah has become a good enough walker to want to walk outside now. It's amazing to me, really, that he doesn't scream to get out of the stroller all the time. I'm sure it will be soon.

He's been wearing these adorable handmade leather shoes from Minitoes, except his are a nice banana color. They're just like the "famous" brand, but only about $15. He also has some sandals in the same style of shoe. He gets a lot of compliments on them. I highly recommend them for all babies and toddlers, even pre-crawlers (...we lost so many socks before getting these!). But for real walking outdoors, he's going to need something a little more sturdy and protective of his little feet. He's a 4.5 but baby shoes rarely (if ever) come in half sizes.

So I am considering three brands of shoes for Micah's first pair of "real shoes."

1. See Kai Run: Caleb has been wearing See Kai Run for three sizes now. I will be buying him a new pair for fall, too, since his current pair are sandals. (The soles are perfect for adding a lift for his left shoe. These have nice, ultra-flexible soles; super-soft leather, and easy Velcro closures. They come in all sorts of fun colors and styles and cost between $32-36. Unfortunately, we can't bring ourselves to spending that on more than one pair at a time, so he gets some variation of brown to be able to match most of his wardrobe. I am leaning more toward this brand than either of the others for style and satisfaction reasons.


Caleb's See Kai Runs in chronological/size order.

2. Pedoodles: I'm not really in the mommy social circles to learn about new trends and finds. I actually did a search on Amazon.com for See Kai Run and the search engine also suggested others were searching for Pedoodles and Pedipeds. A quick Google search led me to the Pedoodles website. They also seem like very good shoes for beginner walkers. They are about $30 (shipping free!). Some of the styles are cute, but the selection is not as snazzy as with See Kai Run.

3. Pedipeds: I found these in the say way I found Pedoodles. They also seem like excellent shoes. The price is about $30 per pair as well. Again, not as many cute and stylin' shoes as See Kai Run.


1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    We've never had a pair of Pedipeds, but we've had a pair of Pedoodles (Josiah's first shoes) and several pairs of See Kai Runs. (Only one pair at a time, like you) The Pedoodles worked well as his first shoe because they opened all the way up, and his feet were still so fat that cramming other kinds of shoes on his feet was all but impossible. My only complaint about the Pedoodles was that the toggle on the drawstring slid like crazy. The shoes stayed on just fine most of the time, but Josiah wasn't terribly active and never tried pulling shoes or socks off at that age. It's also possible we got a bum pair -- and because it wasn't a huge problem I never bothered with trying to exchange them or anything.

    We've LOVED the See Kai Run shoes -- I honestly don't know what we'll do when he outgrows the next size. Hopefully he'll have outgrown his pickiness about shoes by then, too.

Post a Comment