First I tried to think of a witty remake of Johnny Mathis' Its' Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, but after two lines it got too hard. ("It's beginning to look a lot like autumn...")
So I'll just tell you that we got our first rain in who knows how long. Of course, by rain, I mean barely any precipitation at all. We Washingtonians don't consider rain to be rain unless ALL the ground gets wet (not just polka-dots of rain) and it stays wet for more than five minutes after the rain stops. But it was a foretelling of things to come this season, when it will actually rain, but not as much as in Washington. So we don't complain.
We're just getting the long sleeves and pants out of hibernation, waiting for the boys' new shoes to arrive in the mail, and considering going shopping for jackets for the boys. We've actually been wearing jeans since the middle of last week, but today is the first day for long sleeves. Caleb is refusing to wear socks yet.
It's currently in the upper 50s, and the expected high is 71. But I can imagine it will be a cloudy, musty 71 around dinner time. I'm glad we went to the park twice in the last three days. There is no fun to be had on a wet slide, in my opinion. We'll definitely have to go back when it dries out again, either Friday or Monday.
Categories: Miscellany