Bryan's maternal grandmother passed away from cancer last Sunday and tomorrow is the funeral. He's going to be one of the pallbearers, but Caleb, Micah, and I will not be there for the actual service.
We think that Caleb is too young to go to a funeral. And Micah, well he'd start crying because he would get bored, and one of us would quietly try to play with him, and then his newfound and quite loud Squeal of Glee would be too loud.
We told Caleb today that we're going to Grandpa Carline's house, and he knows that Steve and Janet are going to be there. Then, of course, he asked if Grandma Carline was going to be there. So this is basically the conversation we had...
Me: Remember Grandma Carline was very, very sick?
Him: Yes
Me: Well, her body stopped working, and she went to heaven. To be with Jesus.
Him: Heaven?
Me: Yes, to be wiiiith...?
Him: God.
Me: Yes, that's right. She's with God in heaven.
Him: Where does God live?
Me: Hmm, where does He live?
Him: In heaven.
Me: Right. So she's not going to be at the house, because she's in heaven.
Him: Ok.
And tonight, Caleb is playing pretend. "You be God and I'm the baby Jesus. This is my mangel (manger)," as he climbs into Micah's crib.
And I say, "How about I'm the mom who puts away the laundry?" ...Since that's what I'm doing.
"No, I'll be a baby, and you be a boy." The workings of a three-and-a-half-year-old boy's mind. :) Always interesting, at the very least.
Categories: a day in the life
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)