When we got home, the first thing we did was call the police so they could come and go through the house with us to see if anything was stolen in the break-in. While we waited for an officer to show up, we noticed some things had in fact been taken from our bedroom. A dvd player, namely, and two jewelry boxes. (One mine, one Bryan's)

I also noticed (thank you CSI) some BLOOD(!!) on the frame of the door leading to our bedroom and also on the one leading to the master bathroom. When the officer came, he took a scraping of the blood as well as some good fingerprints from the mirrored closet door and the dresser. I guess now, if they get a suspect, they'll have something to get him/her/them with.

Also while we waited, we did our Christmas. Caleb and Micah both got presents from us, plus Caleb got one from Steve and Janet. Janet's parents had also sent gifts for each one of us, and we opened those then too. I was in the process of assembling Micah's Excersaucer when the officer showed up. :)

All in all, even with the break-in, we had a good December trip and we miss everybody again very much. But we're glad to be home again and back with our church family. I always say this, but do we really need an Oregon? If we'd get rid of it, or move it elsewhere, our friends and family in Washington could be much closer. :)

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Holy smokes!!! I just came on today (comments weren't working for me yesterday) to say that I was glad everyone made it home safely and then I read about a break-in!!! How scary and frustrating! Do they have any leads? I'm so sorry this happened. Are you doing okay about it? Call if you'd like to chat. It was great to see you while you were here -- your boys are adorable and you're doing such a great job as mommy :)

Post a Comment