I have been neglecting my blog. I've been working more on the church website than thinking about blogging. I apologize to my three readers. :) I hereby vow to catch up in this one post.
Caleb and Micah are both doing well. Caleb loves the evenings when he gets to have webcam conversations with his granparents. What a luxury we didn't have as kids! I've lived almost all of my life far from my extended family and now far from my immediate family. Webcams are nice for Caleb to keep in touch with his family.
Caleb and I (Micah tags along) also do "Library Day" every two weeks. His favorite book to check out is Fox In Socks by Dr. Seuss. ("Watch out. This book is DANGEROUS.") I have gotten better at reading the tongue twisting book, and Caleb can even recite many lines as we go. What a memory.
Micah is smiling, laughing, and "talking" all the time now. And not just to Bryan, Caleb, and myself. He now does it for other people. Becky, a lady from our church, can actually get him to sleep during the service more quickly than I can. He's probably going to be just as popular with the girls (by this i mean adult women) as his brother.
He'll be having his four-month doctor's appointment this month. Everyone keeps asking how much he weighs now. This is always a point of interest for onlookers, and maybe moreso when at last check your child is one of the chubsters. Maybe adding to the interest is that the mother has never and could only hope to be a chubster? Please no comments about how thin/skinny/small/etc I am. I don't make comments about your weight. ;-)
Bryan will be going TDY (who doesn't know what this means by now?) for a week to Arkansas. Some new system has been added to his aircraft type, so he's gotta go learn about it or some such thing. All I know is he'll be leaving this weekend, and it's going to be a long week. :)
Did I mention he joined the worship band at church? You can check out some pictures if you like.
We are waiting to get voted in as members of our church (which goes against Southern Baptist tradition of "transfer of a letter"). Membership is based on the signing of a covenant. I think this is a good idea but we won't go into that for now.
So, as far as I can tell, that's the catch-up for now.
Vern-Trip countdown: 1month 2days
Categories: a day in the life, Miscellany
2 Comments:
-
- Anonymous said...
11/09/2006 9:39 AMI surely hope I am counted as one of your "3" readers!! I do check your site out often!- Hello said...
11/09/2006 11:39 AMThe "3" is approximate but probably not far from the actual. Thanks for checking in. :)