Today Micah learned how to grab stuff. It's kinda silly how excited we are about this. It's amazing though. This morning, he couldn't; now he can.
For the last few days, when we put a small toy or a burp cloth against his hand and he could awkwardly open his fingers and get some of them around the toy.
Today I was baking a cake (didn't turn out too well... new recipe) and I had him in the high chair next to me with a few toys. He had a cool, red-white-and-black rattle; a small bib; and a couple of those little link-rings (hooked together). I turned to notice the bib (and little fingers) in his mouth and the other toys missing. I found them in his lap and returned them to the high chair tray.
This time I kept watching as he very precisely reached out a hand for the links and picked them up. He still doesn't get all the fingers around, but enough that he can pick up the toy and put it directly in his mouth.
And this, my friends, opens up a world of opportunity. :)
Categories: a day in the life
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
11/11/2006 10:45 PMHow exciting!!! It's so amazing how quickly they learn new things -- I'd be exhausted trying to do everything for the first time myself. Gives me so much respect for our little people!