Micah had a little checkup this morning. He has already surpassed his birthweight (he's 7lb 5oz now) and the doc says that's great, since that usually takes up to two weeks. He's looking a little yellow, so the lab drew some blood to check his bili level. If it's gone up significantly from where it was when we came home, we'll have to go back tomorrow to repeat the test and see if the levels are going down or up. She says it's fairly uncommon for serious jaundince to appear this many days after birth, but we've gotta make sure!
Micah is doing well with breastfeeding, and he's a champion sleeper for two to three hour streches both day and night. He likes to have both arms up so his hands are by his face when he's sleeping. We'll have to take a picture of this - I think it's fairly comical.
Thanks to everyone for the congratulations, thoughts, and prayers. We are ever blessed!
Categories: a day in the life
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
7/21/2006 10:42 PMCongratulations, Hull Family!!! I'm sorry we haven't been able to connect over the phone yet -- I'm anxious to hear all the details of the birth and early days. But I also want to make sure you get plenty of rest. Ashley's wedding is tomorrow; I'll be sure to pass on your love :)